Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Inglorious Basterd

No prizes for working out where I’m positioned within the pecking order of my organisation; I share an open-plan office ‘pod’ with Dr Crikey, a man whose talents and intellect are inversely proportional to his standards of personal and work-station hygiene.

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone wanders past during the course of a day with a screwed-up nose to offer some ‘totally unexpected and incredibly witty’ remark about Crikey’s “open wardrobe” strewn across the sparse office furniture, and in particular, his sprawling floor display of fragrant, ageing footwear.

But despite the general abhorrence for Dr C’s organic art installation, another colleague, Professor Super, took advantage of Crikey’s characteristic tardiness earlier today by borrowing a black belt from a mouldering pair of daks in order to appropriately accessorise for an important meeting.

They call it ‘glass half full, glass half empty’; it is interesting how one man’s trash can be another’s treasure.


















My colleague; “Will do public health work for food”.  Pic: http://theincompetencefiles.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment